4.20.2009

Spring's Most Wanted


I can't bemoan too much about the rain considering the weather this weekend was incredible and such a refreshing and replenishing treat.  I spent Saturday and Sunday in the park with friends soaking up the sun, good conversation, NYC skyline views, and ice cream floats.  After a brief taste of spring, I woke up Sunday ready to switch over all my winter clothes to spring... and of course that made me want to replenish my S/S wardrobe.

I'm trying NOT to pull a Carrie Bradshaw and spend my life savings on shoes... Though it would be nice, I need to be practical.  The last couple of seasons I've become a huge aficionado of Payless.  Their shoes are cute, well priced, and I don't feel bad when they have to be thrown out at the end of the season.  


Lela Rose Fillmore Slip-On

Lela Rose Caruth Check Wedge
Payless Scarlet Fringe Sandal 

I used to have an adorable beige and black printed umbrella but after it was brutally assaulted in the last rain storm, I figured a little water never hurt anyone and have gone without ever since.  One of my friends, Annie, showed up today in the rain with a sun-brella and I thought it was most adorable thing ever.  I immediately came home to search for some and found these paper and lace parasols.  I'm determined to find a cute alternative in Chinatown or at Pearl River Mart!

I live in dresses once the warm weather kicks in but I'm always looking for updated shapes and silhouettes to bring into the mix.  And color is key, I can't imagine anything more drab then a bare neutral palette for the best time of year in the city.  I'm obsessed with the orange/blue combination.  Hits a little to close to home being Florida colors, but I'll make this sacrifice for fashion.  And the sarong as a dress, I mean how easy and simple is that? Perfect for a day at the beach, outdoor concert, or lounging in Prospect Park with friends.

Who doesn't want a jumper for the summer to wear with some ornate sandals, cool accessories, topped off with a straw fedora! (***mom start working on a jumper pattern, I'll take one in a few different fabrics)!


1 comment:

Lauren Marie said...

um, i'm going to payless, like soon. those sandals are too cute :D
love you!