9.30.2008

Good Style Comes In Pairs

After a long day, I like to come home and be by myself for a little bit.  Decompress from the day and claim a few moments of my own.  Don't get me wrong, while I love my own personal time, I work well with others.  Somethings really are better when they come in pairs. Strawberries & Bananas, Shampoo & Conditioner, Oil & Vinegar, Chelsea Handler & Vodka... And when it comes to fashion, some of the most stylish and influential moments are conjured up and made possible by all-star duos.

Mary Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen

The perfect representation of the balance between YIN and YANG.  These mini (literally) moguls have stepped out and proven that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.  While MK tends to have the edgier style, Ashley steps out always looking classic lady.  MK has the fantasy wardrobe I dream about.  The closet that is full of risks, up and coming trends, and never ending sky high heels. Everything completely accessorized with fire engine red lipstick, over sized sunglasses, eclectic head pieces, and a handbag collection that would cause anyone to have to take out a second mortgage.  Ashley's closet is full of timeless pieces.  Those articles of clothing that you invest in, covet, hold on to, and pass down to your daughter's daughter.  Classic pieces that continue to speak the praises of designers passed.  This fashionable duo will continue to push the hem length and turn out one passing trend after the next... And I'll be right there to envy every patent Monolo.


 
Italian Couple

I love this adorable couple. They were featured on The Satorialist and I just want to squeeze them. I can imagine going to their little villa in the country and eating El fresco while their adorable purebred Italian grand kids run around the property playing tag and futbol.  I can see Paola as a young woman with her thick hair, full of waves, adorned in floral frocks inspired by the runways of Milan.  And then there's Giuseppe, the suave stallion in his perfectly tailored and fitted suits.  What a stylish young couple they must have been.  And years later they still are totally put together for a stroll through the promenade.

  
Brad Goreski & Taylor Jacobson

Part of the "Zoe Camp" Taylor and Brad are the left and right hand to boss/friend Rachel.  I love that their styles are complete opposites.  But after watching them...yep I watch the show, they are the perfect balance for the team.  Brad is the fun and playful "green" hand, always up for a good time, trying to make a good impression and genuinely liked and appreciated.  Taylor is the stern, strong willed hand.  She makes sure that everything is in line and in order so that the job can get done well and as efficiently as possible. Yes, Taylor is FAR from fond of Brad, but at the end of the day they get the job done and all is well... Until FedEx loses an overnight package in Tennessee.

  
The Girls of Team Zoe

I know, two posts in less than one week, but credit must be given where credit is due.  This styling squad should NOT quit their day job.  They continue to roll out one amazing red carpet moment after the other.  And it's not just at the red carpet where their sense of style is seen...  Photo shoots, ad campaigns, concert tours, style and fashion is part of their soul.  You can tell how passionate they are about their job.  They have taken it upon themselves to study the industry, techniques, everything, all in an effort to enhance their craft.




I can't get enough of this band.  I first was introduced to them in February during Fall 08 fashion week, during Lela Rose's Susie Chapstick meets Park Ave. collection.  The models got ready backstage while listening to That's Not My Name, Great DJ, and the ever popular, Shut Up and Let Me Go.  Since the initial introduction the band has not left my ipod.  I love their sound, style, and quirky mannerisms.  I LOVE THEM!

No comments: