5.18.2009

Monday FUNday

For the last month and half I have been spending my Mondays with 3 friends (crowd always varies) sitting at a coffee shop telling stories, laughing, coming up with incredible adventures...Our activities and imaginations are never limited. Today's fun was a little different. Instead of sitting inside we took advantage of a gorgeous day. We piled into a CAR and took a field trip an hour north of the city to a little town called Cold Spring, NY. The town is adorably quaint. We played in the grass, gazed at mountains, threw Frisbee, had some AMAZING food, and shopped at the antique stores that house decades of fabulously undiscovered treasures and gems. I wish I would have taken pictures of everything that I'm anxious to decorate my apartment and wardrobe with, but now more reason for you to check it out yourself!

I did however score this adorable cameo at one antique store called Bijou. The woman that helped me was Jane and the cutest human being ever! We briefly discussed my love/obsession for all things cameo and she invited me (and my 3 friends!) to come back for the antique festival that will support 60+ vendors/sellers,etc. You better believe that I'm taking the train back there. Too much of a good thing to pass up. I know I'll be kicking myself tomorrow for not purchasing the white enamel beaded gloves or the white leather gloves with embroidered cuff. The brooch would have looked so adorable at the wrist!

Better luck next time!

No comments: