3.03.2009

Caten Brothers: Mocking Genius

Every season I anticipate Paris fashion week for one collection mostly... DSquared's collection.  It has become one of my favorite collections for many reasons.  The Caten brothers incorporate an edge to their style, an innovative take, and always a sense of humor.  I think my eyes blew up in my head when I saw the first few looks from their Fall 09 collection.  The venti lattes, over sized IT bag with gossip magazines pouring out, over sized sunglasses, leggings, trucker hats all in mocking vain of the Olsen Twins, Lindsay Lohan, and well America!?!?

It is BRILLIANT!

One of my favorite accessories is the gloves.  I want them in every color and length.

LOVE IT!  This look is exactly what I want for a night at a friend's show dancing in Brooklyn.


Can I please look this cool walking the streets of New York.  Apparently I need to invest in some new headphones!


This look is a little grunge, a little Ashton Kutcher with the trucker hat but for some reason I still LOVE it.  It could also be that it's on one of my favorite models (Chanel Iman).


This could be an updated, urban chic interpretation of a Rachel Zoe look.  
Cropped Fur Vest- CHECK





I will be creating this look when Spring finally decides to grace us with its presents.  

No comments: