12.30.2008

To Trend or Not To Trend

All season long I have been debating on whether or not to indulge in the bootie trend.  They are in every magazine, on every celebrity, they went down many runways, I can't get away from them.  I have an over flowing closet that houses a slue of outfits that I dream about pairing with my very own pair of booties.  My hesitation is that they are a trend.  I'm not willing to invest in something that I'll wear for a season and shun in a year.  That and the fact that I haven't found a pair that "fits just right."  Either the color is wrong, the heel height is awkward, bad colors or detailing, I am always coming up with another excuse to talk me out of the purchase.  

Of course I find my perfect match at the end of the year when I have extremely limited funds.  The pair of Miss Sixty Suede Belted Booties retail for about $300, but they are now on sale for $99... the first perk to the purchase.  The detailing is enough without being obnoxious, heel height is comfortable and city appropriate, and the COLORS!  I originally thought I would go with black, but Bordeaux Wine is so chic.  Hopefully I'll stumble upon an extra $100 to make my purchase a little less painful!

  Miss Sixty Suede Belted Bootie

No comments: